Friday, October 11, 2013

Best Day Ever

Okay it seriously was.

I know I keep saying it, but Britt and I had a fantastic day. In the morning we picked up our North End Passes, got our snorkeling gear and walked to Lover's Cove. It's a private beach that is awesome to snorkel at. So those of you who don't know, I actually really don't like sea creatures and snorkeling makes me feel claustrophobic. We gingerly made our way down to the shore line and realized the water is probably going to be freezing. Yes, we were right. It took about 5 minutes to get all the way in but at about half way, all of these fish started surrounding us and I kind of had a little freak out. Yes, they are pretty and whatnot but I just don't want them to touch me. Once I got them to go away so I could actually get in the water further, and when Britt stopped laughing at me. We finally put on our masks and put our heads under water. Again, I started freaking out and hyperventilating. I don't know why I freak out but I just couldn't get my mind over it.  It took a few minutes to calm down and enjoy all of the fish and coral there. We ended up swimming around for about 45 minutes and then decided we were exhausted. Snorkeling really takes it out of you.

Britt returned the gear (so I didn't have to walk with the bum ankle) and we had the bright idea to walk the rainforest walk back instead of the boardwalk. Terrible idea. It was a really steep hike and didn't help with me limping. But we got some really nice views and a few pictures once we got to the top.

Then we changed and took the ferry to Airlie with two friends who had errands to run as well. Britt and I were starving so we went to this pizza bar that we've heard about called Mr Bones. It was the coolest little place we've found yet. The pizza was absolutely amazing. We got the tomato, prosciutto, olive oil, balsamic, and mushroom pizza. Britt ordered one of the best beers ever called White Rabbit Pale Ale with Honey, and I ordered a cider. Then we had to get dessert as we waited for a friend to catch up with us so we ordered a chocolate bourbon terrine with orange marmalade and creme fraiche. Yummy

Now that we fulfilled our craving for good pizza, we took the bus to Centro to get groceries. I want to make some homemade mac and cheese and we needed more food to eat at the house instead of the staff canteen. Once grocery shopping was done we also went to the bottleshop to get wine (hey we need it!)

Back to Airlie we went and took a bunch of nibblies to Lover's Cove again with Amelia. We ate cheese and crackers, hummus and olives as we watched the sunset. Once again, we took plenty of pictures so no worries about that. Britt even climbed a bunch of rocks to find a cliff jumping spot. When it got a little too dark we went to Fishbowl to get some cocktails and food (ice cream for me).

Overall, the day was pretty amazing. One of the best we've had since we got here. A day of food and exploring and hanging out with great people. We really wish everyone could have been here with us! We miss all of you and hope you are able to come for a visit soon!

All our love,
Linds and Britt











No comments:

Post a Comment