Ellie Gouldings song Burn: a really good one to dance to. Makes you feel like you can do anything :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGyEd0aKWZE
Avicii's song Wake me up: a favorite, pretty much sums up life at the moment http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y_KJAg8bHI
Florence and the Machine's song Dog Days: Lindsey's absolute fav. We're even coordinating a dance (mostly involves a lot of shaking back and forth, start with the shoulders and jiggle your butt)
Once you've finished listening you may continue reading :)
Today was a day off for us. I (Brittney) allowed Linds to sleep in (she needed a good nights rest after this past week). A pretty busy work week, just a bit mentally draining so the day off was much needed. So after sleeping in we made our way to the Bakery and got coffee, tea, pie (chicken and veggie), a ham and cheese croissant, and a chicken wrap for later. Ate our brunch under the gazebo and enjoyed watching the jet skis.
Spent some time chatting up the guys on activities about what movie would be playing, how we could set up parasailing (our plan for Sunday) and a banana boat ride (which we did today)
The banana boat was crazy! Linds and I got stuck in the front so most of the time was spent with water in our faces but it was still good fun. Linds fell off twice (once she went flying and we nearly ran her over and the second time was right after she got back on and the guy took off without waiting for her to secure herself again. It was pretty funny). I managed not to get thrown off but I did fall off when our driver made a sharp turn to go back for someone else who fell off. I still had a hold of the handle so I wasn't left behind but still....). It was a good experience. Would like to do it again if we could be in back so we can see better but may wait before going out again. Stinger season is starting up and so everyone needs to start being really careful when they go out into the water.
Most people here are more afraid of the stingers than sharks (even if there are plenty of those too). The Irukangi (think I spelled that right) are small little types of jellyfish no bigger than a finger length that, if stung, sends most people into cardiac arrest. It's supposed to be really painful and people need to get to the hospital as soon as possible. Most wear wet suits, aqua shoes, gloves, and masks.
Sorry about the more serious turn to that conversation. On a more positive note, everyone on the banana boat ride, but me, saw a stingray jump out of the water ("like a dolphin" says linds), flap around, and splash back down. I was so mad I missed it. No one's seen that happen around here before (at least most of those we've told so far). Linds says it was pretty cool :)
We also have the next two days off and have planned an epic time so be prepared for a new post come Wednesday or Thursday. There may or may not be koala's :D
Thank you for all your love and support!!!
We love you and think about everyone back home every day xoxoxoxoxox
Britt and Linds
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteDear Britt and Linds, Thanks for sharing your songs! Yesterday afternoon while the guys were cutting wood, I was chopping away in the kitchen making veggie soup (don't picture it Linds; I'm still not good at chopping!) Anyway, I decided to listen to those songs, and I ended up playing "Wake Me Up" several times. I even stopped to dance to it a couple times; it's my fav:) I'm a lyrics girl, the deeper the better, so send more cool songs if you hear them.
ReplyDeleteSo.....stingers cause cardiac arrest. Hmmm. Guess what else does? Hearing this story!!! Keep sharing, but stay safe too!
Hope you're in the midst of having an epic time; can't wait to hear more!! Love, SuzzyLou