In the background you can hear Disney's Hercules I Can Go The Distance playing..."I will find my way. I can go the distance. I'll be there someday. If I can be strong. I know every mile, will be worth my while. I can go most anywhere to feeeeel like I.....beloooooooooong." (mostly sung as we made our way back home and to our bed)
this was a lot funnier on four hours of sleep and limping home after work today. but inspiration struck and you will now be subjected to a blog post containing a lot of music/movie/tv show references. maybe a few links if your lucky.
Soooooo, a quick update as to the major events since last post:
1) Moved to Brisbane (officially)
2) Started working (sporadically)
3) When not working marathoning tv shows aka. Arrow, Game of Thrones, Supernatural
4) Dad and Kathy (and friends) arrived! Which meant a lot of walking to show them around, Steve Irwin's Australia Zoo (honestly there were tears involved at one point), and the Gold Coast sunburn laying at the beach (only Brittney was sunburned cuz she's a dork and fell asleep)
5) Work!!!! soooo much work (at least compared to the two months of nothing)
A more elaborated version....
1) Moved to Brisbane
We are in this really cool Queenslander house with a couple soon moving to Denmark, their german shephard, and two french girls. Some drawbacks to our room include rare use of AirCon and loud noises waking us before 8, which for me is unacceptable and makes me cranky. For example, hammering, jet spraying water on the windows to clean them, a weed whacker in place of a mower, the grating caw of a crow just outside our window, motorcyclists who rev the engine till their screaming past along the street. The list goes on.
But we can walk practically anywhere (unless working at the airport) which has saved us a lot and gives us more freedom to do whatever. We've practically seen all of Brisbane from the streets and river.
2) Work
Pinnacle People is a temporary work agency that gives you a call or text when a client/venue needs more help. You let them know if you're available and bam! work schedule commences. Most of the time we don't know until the day of but we were lucky this past weekend to schedule a full three days of work (even better cuz two of those days were on the weekend which pays round $30 an hour)
But our feet hurt which leads me to song #2!
As adapted from Les Mis: RED! the blood that stains our feet! BLACK! the color of our skin! RED! the color of our burns! BLACK! the color of our uniforms!!!!!!
hehehehehehehe again it was funnier earlier (also embellished a bit. we're not actually bleeding or too bruised. but we do have to wear all black most of the time and our feet certainly feel bruised and I did get a pretty good burn scar so.....)
3) Marathoning tv shows
self explanatory really
but here I will add links to songs we've been listening to
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avikdfBO9rw Pompeii by Bastille
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-TE_Ys4iwM Story of My Life by One Direction (really the video is so adorable)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjwZAa2EjKA Uncondiontally by Katy Perry (music video is the best ever)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2U0Ivkn2Ds Say Something by A Great Big World ft. Christina Aguilera (actually pretty sad song add watching the vid and tears!)
Song list isn't as great as the one before but still thought I'd share.
4) Dad and Kathy!!!
Linds practically ran the whole 30 mins it took to walk to their hotel. We didn't even have a set time to meet. We just guessed and started walking and of course we're awesome so we got there right as they finished checking in. Got the best hugs :)
It was weird though because it almost felt like any other weekend when we would go over to Dad's or go on a vacation. Will probably feel different when we actually have to say bye in Sydney but in Brisbane we just got to hang out and show them our favorite spots. (Although Linds and I didn't realize how much we rely on walking till we kept taking taxi's home every night)
Steve Irwin's Zoo was pretty cool. The exhibits were so big for the animals to move around in and you could get super close to them at the same time, the koalas and kangaroos for instance. (which reminds me, I need to upload my photos!)
We saw the Croc show in the Crocoseum and they played a video of Steve Irwin talking about how amazing wildlife is and wanting to share it and how amazing his life is because he gets to teach and be a part of this whole big movement getting people involved and learning about wildlife and the whole thing just hit pretty hard cuz here was this amazing guy who just loved what he was doing in life and loved his family and the fact that we were sitting in a place he was a part of and so invested in was really mind blowing. The whole show was pretty amazing too :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE1HDSipRxU
5) Working
Saturday: The Soundwave Festival (dozens and dozens of bands at the RNA showgrounds). Linds had to be there at 6 am until 11 pm. I only had to do 11-11. Long day but pretty cool to be a part of. Everyone was super nice too. We helped cater behind the scenes to band members, crew, staff, security, etc...
Cass offically hates us cuz I met one of her favorite band members from A Day to Remember.
Sunday: I took Linds' shift at the airport cuz she worked longer Sat so that was a good 9 hours. I got off at 9:15, caught the train at 9:30, was home by 10:15 and in bed after a much needed shower and food around 11:30. Then awake again at 3:30 just to go straight back, with Linds in tow this time.
Monday: Another 8 hours for both of us this time. We really can't wait to get paid come Friday :)
That kinda brings us to now. Tired and amazed we actually managed to get up this morning. If anyone knows us it's that we can sleep in quite a bit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0iw89L6aFo
Anyway, that's what's been going on. We are leaving Brisbane behind and heading for Sydney of Thursday (two days away). After that it's off to Melbourne (been trying to find a place to live but it's proving difficult without being able to inspect places so we are going to wait till we are there). Hopefully transferring our Pinnacle files won't be too much of a hassle and maybe Linds will get an actual chef position (she's already been contacted by a few people!)
fun excerpt: Sunday night Linds made me some food (well for both of us actually) while I took a shower and as I sat down she said she got me a surprise. She pulled out a giant Pepsi bottle. I was so happy :) Caffeine!!!! it's the simple things in life
extra fun excerpt: we went to this Eat Streets Market (similar to a Farmer's Market) a ferry ride away but every food vendor or crafts vendor was in a shipping container and there were some piled on another to make it feel like you were walking through a maze of them. So much good food there and live music. We were in heaven really. I splurged and bought a book for $8 and Linds and I split a Brie and Pear Crepe, so delicious.
As always, thank you for the love and support.
We love you!!!!
Britt and Linds xoxoxoxoxox



No comments:
Post a Comment