Thursday, April 10, 2014

Some Silliness and Some Seriousness

Month 6, week 3, and however many days. Just when we we in agreement that living together was not hard, we were never really tired of being around each other all the time, and reading each other's mind was a common occurrence daily....it happened.

Brittney snapped.

There were tears.

And I just now realized I've been changing point of views faster than a chicken running around with its head cut off (that's a real southern saying. i googled it).

Anyway, it's been raining here for the past two days nonstop. I normally think the sound of rain was soothing, but there's a tin roof part and chimney right by our bedrooms and the tinkling sound is more irritating than soothing. There's also a leak in my ceiling which scared us both half to death the other day. I've moved into Lindsey's room for the time being.

We've exhausted all our tv shows. Caught up on Arrow, Castle, Criminal Minds, Big Bang Theory, Supernatural, and Shield for Me. And we've even gone out to the movies twice now! First to see Captain America 2: Winter Soldier and then to see Divergent.

Now we're moving onto books. Which may not be the best idea cuz we seem to have the least patience for stories that don't go our way.

Case in point....Linds has been yelling intermittently over the past four hours as she's burned her way through one book and has started the sequel. It's kind of entertaining actually. The two books I read the other day started off fine and ended in a great big ball of fire. The whole plot fell apart with consistent characterization used as the kindling. BOOM!

I'm just waiting for the fourth book in the Game of Thrones series to become available through the library and am going to through myself into the world of Stephen King until that day arrives. I've never actually read anything by him before so this should be interesting.

So that brings us up to how I, Brittney, snapped. Complete loss of all sanity. There was nothing left to do but laugh hysterically as Lindsey burped so loud it shook the bed and reverberated off the walls.

Laugh and laugh and laugh :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have this favorite spot in the house. It's right at the top of the stairs. There is a floor to ceiling window only about two feet wide that faces in the direction of downtown Melbourne. I like staring off at the city all lit up at night. We're high enough that there's no houses or trees to block the view and it feels like I'm looking out of the turrets of a castle at this far off glittering city.

Sometimes I'll catch the view as the sun sets, or on a clear night with stars hanging in the sky and the moon shining off to the side, or, like today, when it was so cloudy and misty from the rain that you could barely see the outlines of the skyscrapers but you knew they were still there.

I've been trying to take pictures of the view but I just can't seem to capture the feeling of space and depth and colors right. Because when I take a picture the city is too far away you can't make out the details of the buildings like I can just by looking out the window. And it doesn't capture the fact that I'm standing at the top of the steps surrounded by darkness and silence and just watching the lights of the city and thinking that it's like a living breathing being.

If only I could paint I'd probably be able to do it better.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've also started treating facebook like a blog lately and I'm sorry for that, but there's just so much I want to share!

For example, there's this waltz Anthony Hopkins (the actor) wrote like 50 years ago and never gave it to anyone until recently and there's a video of this orchestra playing it for the first time and half of the video centers on Anthony Hopkins' face as he listens to it played for an audience of hundreds of people that just can't stop themselves from smiling and dancing. It's amazing! The Waltz Goes On

And then there's this list of examples where artists have used social experiments as an explanation for art (or it might be the other way around) and some are cool (#1) and some are a bit idiotic, but there are three that are really disturbing when it comes to what human beings will and will not do to another. http://listverse.com/2013/05/31/8-crazy-experiments-passed-off-as-art/ If you want to read it the three I'm talking about are numbers 8, 6, and 4.

Oh! and Cassidy is going on a trip with the Timmy Foundation to the Dominican Republic in June! How awesome is that?!!! Not to mention she's graduating high school in two months :)

Lindsey let me cut veggies tonight for dinner and I made brownies and cookie dough for dessert. I didn't mess anything up either which is a good start.

We also watched A Far Off Place last night which brought back so many memories! I'm pretty sure Aunt Susan introduced us to that one :) I distinctly remember laughing until I cried when the kids steal the Ostrich egg and are being chased by Mama Ostrich. The Lilo and Stitch movie made an appearance too and if that isn't the funniest/cutest movie ever! It's very interesting re-watching movies as an adult after not having seen them for a while. They're still really entertaining and I get more jokes now and the story lines are even more meaningful. And now I'm getting off topic, but that's a common theme with these posts. I just start typing and next thing you know I'm jumping all over the place.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's pretty much it for now. The most exciting thing all week was free ice cream cone day at Ben and Jerry's and we got two cones! Chocolate Therapy is my new favorite flavor. It definitely worked wonders :)

As always, thank you for the love and support. We miss everyone and love you bunches xoxoxoxo
Britt and Linds

1 comment:

  1. Dear Britt, I must confess! It was I -- "A Far Off Place" was a fav of Kristin's and of mine "back in the day":) Now, I have to share a tid bit w/you...Sunday night we all played "Say Anything" and I chose the question: "In my opinion, what is the most suspenseful movie?" Every single person wrote a wonderful title, each remembering how I nearly freaked out during some portion of a specific movie. Carson won because he wrote "Jurassic Park" -- the movie we all watched together on your overnight here (remember how I held my breath for too long and my heart hurt??) When you girls get back, we need to do many things -- one should be a movie night:) Miss you and love you....
    Suzzylou

    ReplyDelete