It has come to our attention over the past week that most Australians do not know what s'mores are. This has resulted in chaos and disbelief. We, as children of America, are blessed in ways we have not yet known til now.
Linds and I were finishing dinner and talking with our fellow tenant in Jen's house about s'mores. We first asked her if she knew what they were and she said no so we proceeded to tell her all about the gooey chocolate deliciousness. At first she tried to rationalize why most Aussie's wouldn't know about s'mores and said it was probably due to the fact that most don't have bonfires because of the chance of wildfires and therefore would not roast mallows over an open flame.
Of course Linds and I were already on a tangent about the different kinds of s'mores and what else you could roast over a bonfire and her only response was 'You certainly don't care about how many calories there are do you?' she said with a bit of a chuckle.
Silence.
Linds and I could only stand and stare and think 'Who cares about calories? They're s'mores!!!!'
Ah well.....
We love food too much.
Which brings me to my next point.
I would love to write an ode to bacon wrapped scallops.
It will be called An Ode to Bacon Wrapped Scallops.
I don't know how to write an ode but I'm sure I can figure it out.
I'm also researching a lot about how to make cool, fun, and tasty cocktails. I feel like this would be an acceptable hobby for me when I get home. I could collect all kinds of different glasses and ingredients and at each holiday make themed drinks. And not just alcoholic cocktails but mocktails too, for the kids of course, because most holidays involve family getting together. I don't know. It's an idea.
This post is more of me rambling than anything. Works picked up and we have a lot of fun things planned in the month of june so there will definitely be more posts then.
Thanks for rambling! Do that more!:) Can't wait to hear the ode....Carson is fiddling around with his guitar (do you fiddle with a guitar?), so maybe he could learn to play the ode around a campfire while we eat bacon-wrapped scallops and s'mores around a campfire when you return!!! How many calories would that snack contain? Do we care?!:) Looking forward to seeing you in the fall! Love, Suzzylou
ReplyDelete