One thing that freaked us out at first but we have come to appreciate and love: 95% of the people we meet and serve (especially at the weddings) always looks at our name tags first. They always say "Thanks Brittney" or "Thanks Lindsey." I'll say 'Good evening' and 'how can I help you' but most people won't let me help them until hey know my name and ask how I'm doing. This hasn't just been a few instances but every night. It helps also make connections when you have the same families and groups that stay on the island for a few days or up to a week because we do work a lot and in the few restaurants and see the same people all the time.
Anyway, that's how the Sunday wedding went. We even had people stay once the event ended to tell us how much they appreciate everything we did and we could only look at them and just say how much we love doing our job. I mean the speeches that night were some of the most sincere and wonderful we've heard so far. The groom's speech even brought most of the staff to tears (*cough* Lindsey *cough* Jeff) :)
We officially got to work with Amelia (who is awesome!). She's been friends with Jeff since they arrived on the island at the same time 7-8 weeks ago. The four of us had some good laughs and just a general good time breaking down. We did stay until 2 a.m. but working with these people makes it feel fun than work.
Monday Linds and I both got off (finally) and we cleaned, did laundry, laid out at the pool, and then went on the staff sunset cruise. There were about 19 of us and we left around 4:30 and the Sundowner took us around the islands for about 2 hours while we chatted, ate cheese, crackers, fruit, and drank. It was pretty great just to escape for a bit with a small group. Everyone hang out together too afterwards until we could go to Fishbowl (staff is allowed to eat and drink there in the last hour). Linds and I split a meal and we hung out with everyone for awhile.
This week is going to be our first week since more than half of the guests on the island have gone home. We got through the crazy busy time and now we have easier services and more events! Linds and I are doing a wedding Friday, Saturday, and Sunday coming up. We also have Thursday off together. We plan on going snorkelling in the morning at Lover's Cove and then go into Airlie with Amelia around 12. We've been craving pizza so I think that's our lunch plan :) Anyways, here's a pic of Linds with some friends on the cruise. I'm gonna try and upload the ones from my phone to but you may have to just see those on facebook (oh! there's a lot more on Lindsey's facebook page if you guys are curious)
Love Brittney and Lindsey
I am smiling from ear to ear! Your note today is soooooo good to read! Thanks for the long update. It's great to picture you two hanging out, going on cruises, laughing with friends...:) Love you!
ReplyDeleteLove you too!
ReplyDelete